Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Wednesday's Tangle - Irregular Rounded Nik



Tomàs Padrós comes up with some amazing patterns and tangleations and his drawing technique is impeccable. This pattern doesn't really have a name so I'm calling it "Irregular Rounded Nik". He posted his step-out HERE in a closed Facebook group but you can see his original tile HERE on Instagram.

I drew all three of my examples before Tomàs posted his step-out and I struggled to get mine to look very much like his. Mine first two tiles came out too curvy and crowded. For my third tile, I drew fewer of the open shapes and my lines came out a lot more angular. I'm not happy with my shading and I especially don't like how the shading looks on the white card stock. The surface of that paper is very smooth and the shading comes out very smudgy on it. I should look for some white card stock with a rougher surface but I hate to spend the money when I already have so much on hand. At least now you know why I tend to use colored card stock more than white. The colored ones usually have a somewhat rough finish. If you're buying card stock to use for tangling, avoid the kind called Exact Index or kinds called "smooth cover".




No comments:

Post a Comment