Thursday, May 31, 2018

Twelve Days of Zentangle - Day 3


Day 3 of the Twelve Days of Zentangle introduces a new tangle called "Rumpus". This was my first time drawing on a round tile. I don't have any real Zendala tiles so I cut my own out of card stock using a CD-ROM as a template. I got three round tiles out of an 8.5x11" sheet. I don't have a brown Micron pen so I used a sepia one then added a reddish tint with colored pencils. After that I decided that I wanted to add a little more color. I also colored in the dots with a metallic gold Gelly Roll gel pen.

Visit the Zentangle blog HERE to read about and watch each day's video. They've been posting them around 2:00 pm Central Time every day so far.

DAY 3 TANGLE:

· Rumpus (a new tangle)

DAY 3 MATERIALS:

· White Zendala tile *
· Micron PN pen (you can use a regular black Micron pen)
· Micron 01 pen (brown ink)
· Pencil
· Tortillon

* I cut circles of card stock using a CD-ROM as a template. A CD measures 120mm in diameter and the Zendala tiles are 117mm across.





No comments:

Post a Comment