Sunday, December 16, 2018

Kimmie - A Tangleation of Tessie


While trying out "Tessie", which is a cute pattern by Kim Aarts, I decided to try something a little different with it. I really like her idea of layering the flower shapes but I came up with a different way of drawing the petals. You'll find Kim's pattern HERE at Pattern-Collections.com. I named my version "Kimmie" in honor of the designer of the original pattern.

Below is the step-out for my variation. The key to my version is that I don't actually connect the petals of the flowers in the top layer. This makes the top layer of flowers sort of flow into the flowers in the layer below. There are endless ways that you can embellish this pattern as you can see in my examples.



Above is a simple version without much in the way of embellishment.


I went a little crazy embellishing the example above. It's not my favorite of the bunch but it will give you some ideas for ways to change it up.


On the tile above, I added some dots and lines on the petals.


The petals on the red flowers on the tile above are a slightly different shape than in my other examples.


On this tile I filled the background with brown instead of black and added some white charcoal pencil to the petals on the top layer of flowers.

2 comments:

  1. I really like Tessie as a tangle and love where you've taken it. It looks fantastic in every example and it's clear you enjoyed working with it!

    ReplyDelete