Saturday, December 1, 2018

Today's Tangles - Sneezeweed & Sneezeweed 2


"Sneezeweed" is by Staub Korn and her pattern is found HERE at Pattern-Collections.com. MimiXY has a video HERE. Ellen Wolters has a video HERE and Melinda Barlow CZT has one HERE.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.

On the tile above as well as the one below, I used an engraving technique that I learned by watching THIS video by Lily Moon. You draw designs on the tile by pressing lightly with a blunt tool such as an empty ballpoint pen. After drawing the invisible tangles, you color over them with a graphite pencil or colored pencil to make the designs appear. I used this technique to draw the little spirals inside the "Huggins" shapes on both tiles. I used a graphite pencil on the green tile and a metallic gold colored pencil on the tile below.



"Sneezeweed 2" is almost the same as the original "Sneezeweed" with a change in Step 4 of the pattern. You'll find the step-out HERE at Pattern-Collections.com. After drawing the two tiles above, I was kind of tired of coloring in with my black pen so I filled everything with stripes instead. The pattern is hardly recognizable like this but I think it looks pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely. As with your beaded jewelry, your color combos really make the designs special. I've never seen the engraving technique before - what fun!

    Barbara H.

    ReplyDelete