Monday, December 31, 2018

Today's Tangle - B-Leaf


"B-Leaf" is by Tomàs Padrós and his step-outs are posted HERE at TanglePatterns.com. The basic motif can be drawn individually, as a ribbon or as a filler drawn on an ogee-grid. The step-out suggests starting with a wavy line and then drawing the leaves along the line. I had better success simply drawing the first leaf separately as a complete leaf. After that I drew the second and subsequent leaves attached to each other. I found that I could control the direction of my ribbon by either adding the next leaf on the left or on the right of the previous leaf. 

Although I didn't follow the directions on the step-out, I think mine have almost the same look as on the pattern. However, I haven't gotten the knack yet for drawing the leaves so that they look as if they are twisted like in Tomàs' examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment