Thursday, December 13, 2018

Twelve Days of Zentangle - Day 11

It's Day 11 and today Maria drew "Knightsbridge", "Scena", "Purk" and "Betweed". This wedge gave me a little bit of trouble. I wasn't able to properly draw Purk because my band wasn't wide enough to fit them in.



I also had trouble drawing "Scena". Whenever I try to draw it the way that Maria does, it comes out looking a horrible mess. So, I came up with my own method that seems to work quite well. Instead of starting with an "S" line, I started with a single dot in the center of the spinner segment. I drew a somewhat wavy line from the dot to the edge of the segment and then aura the line all the way around. I find it easiest to draw my aura lines from the edge to the dot rather than from the dot to the edge. The end result looks similar to Maria's but is much easier for me to draw neatly. Below you can see my not very successful attempt to draw "Scena" on my practice spinner on the left and my successful "Scena" on the right.


Below are links to the step-outs for the tangles used on Day 11:

Betweed - The official step-out is found HERE.

Knightsbridge - Sandy Steen Bartholomew has a step-out HERE.

Purk - There is no published step-out for this tangle.

Scena - There is no step-out for this tangle.

Click HERE to watch the Day 11 video.

No comments:

Post a Comment