Friday, June 8, 2018

Sunday Tangles


"Backsplash" is by Carrie Leffel and her pattern is HERE at Pattern-Collections.com. There is also a video by Dawn Collins, HERE. To give my example a little more interest, I rotated the "tiles" so that they face toward the center.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.


You'll find Sarah Fowler's "Harvey" pattern HERE at TanglePatterns.com.


"Hi-Cs" is by Oil City Anita (
Anita Roby-Lavery CZT) and her step-out is HERE at TanglePatterns.com. There are videos HERE, HERE and HERE.


This pattern by Kim Aarts is called "Joki" and you'll find it HERE on her blog. You'll also find some videos HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.


"Nivana", by Smita Toke, is posted HERE at Pattern-Collections.com.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.


This one is called "Planateen" and is by Molossus (Sandra Strait). Her step-out can be found HERE on her Life Imitates Doodles blog. There are videos HERE and HERE. I drew mine using a different method than either of the videos. I started with a regular square grid and placed a small horizontal dash in the center of each square. I then connected the dashes with diagonal lines. I drew everything with pencil first so that I could tweak as needed before going over the lines with a pen.


"Unbatz" is by Sandy Hunter CZT and her pattern can be found HERE on her blog. Once again, I drew mine in a regular square grid. I drew a "U" shape in the center of each square but didn't draw it all the way to the edges of the square. I also tried to draw them as close to the same size as I could. I thought the design looked a little too plain so I added some shading and then accented the little crosses with white and gold gel pens.



I've blogged about Yvonne Pranschke-Fleer's "V-Snail" pattern before HERE. I used a black tile this time and drew the design with white and metallic gel pens. Get the pattern HERE at Pattern-Collections.com. You'll also find two video links on that page.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment