Sunday, June 3, 2018

Today's Tangles


"Flyte" is by Sharon Paz and her pattern is found HERE at Pattern-Collections.com.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.



Cindy Angiel's "Metal Plate" can be found HERE on Flickr.


"Phicops" gave me a lot of trouble when I was just starting to draw tangles. I put it aside and moved on to other patterns but I recently decided to give it another go. I've finally come up with a way to draw it that works well for me and I was so pleased that I wanted to do something colorful with it. The pattern is by Brad Harms who is the husband of CZT Laura Harms and you'll find the step-out HERE on her blog. There are several videos for this tangle on YouTube HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

UPDATE 5/25/23: I've removed the link to Laura Harms' website because it is infected with a virus.


This pattern is by Margaret McKerihan and her pattern is HERE at TanglePatterns.com. I'm not sure if I've drawn "Ta-Da" quite like the pattern instructs because mine was inspired by a tile that I'd seen on Pinterest.




"Zen Gordia" is by Claudia-Gossens and her pattern is HERE at Pattern-Collections.com. You'll find two video links there too. I used colored pencils and mineral spirits to create the watercolor effect on these three tiles. On the two examples below, I drew a variation that has smooth edges.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment