Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tuesday Tangles

In case you don't already know this, I have two Pinterest boards devoted to my tangle drawings. THIS one is where I post scans from my 2018 tangle*a*day calendar. And, every tangle pattern that I have blogged about is pinned on THIS board. Under each picture, you'll find the name of the tangle. The pins also link back to my blog posts where you can get links to the step-outs and any videos that are available. This can be a handy reference when you're trying to find a pattern to try or if you see one that you like but don't know the name of it or where to find the step-out. Clicking the link takes you back to my blog where you'll find all the pattern info.



There is no published step-out for "Articulated Molygon", Melinda Barlow CZT has a YouTube video HERE. I've actually blogged about this pattern before HERE but it's always fun to try different things with patterns.


UPDATE 10/31/2018: Zentangle HQ has made their video for "Articulated Molygon" available to the public. You can watch it HERE.


"Muscari" is by Elaine Benfatto and her pattern is HERE at Pattern-Collections.com. I didn't draw mine exactly like the step-out. I enjoy drawing spirals so I went a little nuts trying different variations. I even drew some with spirals only on one side of the stem. I really wanted to add some color but wasn't sure how to go about it. I decided that just a hint of spring green and pale blue was the way to go.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.


This is Tomás Padrós' variation of Bunny Wright CZT's pattern called "Nik". He has a nice example posted HERE on his Instagram site along with a step-out. Mine didn't come out too badly for my first try but there are some things that I might do differently next time. One thing that I shouldn't have done was to draw an ink border. If you take a look at Tomás' tile, you'll see why I say that.


Debra Bryan's "Shimmy Shake" can be found HERE at Pattern-Collections.com. Dawn Collins has a video HERE.

UPDATE: The Pattern-Collections website has shut down. Click HERE to view this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment